Pizza! Not really a healthy treat!
Though when it comes to a cheese burst pizza and you get to count everything calorie that goes in it. Hell yeah! Let’s get started.
Disclaimer: This is a whole home-made recipe with all readily available ingredients that were in my kitchen during the lockdown period. The primary reason for the development of this recipe is that any outlets were not delivering anything.
Basic check list before getting started
Refined Flour, Oil/Butter/ghee, Cheese, Oregano, Chili flakes, Onions, Curd, Sugar, Salt, Garlic, Herbs, Baking Powder and Soda.
Pizza Sauce | Cheese Burst Filling | Pizza Base | Assemble
Pizza Sauce can be substituted with store-bought tomato-based sauces. This recipe is curated to spark your taste buds with tangy and spicy elements.
This version is herbilicious with the goodness of all fresh ingredients your dish can get without any added preservatives. I rounded up with this version after several hits and trials and it was so worth it.
Cheese Burst Filling
Ideally, it asks for a cream cheese base with a combination of other varieties of cheese. Though I prefer to substitute it with a cheese spread. And you can buy any cheese spread of your taste to meet the need.
But as of the current case, I was not able to buy any spread from the market. I curated this recipe with processed cheese. Choose any cheese available with you.
The base is readily available in the market through hygiene is always questionable. Again you don’t get the desired crust with the store-bought base.
You can just blend a variety of sauce with oregano for the pizza sauce. You can put a store-bought cheese spread as a filing. But when it comes to the base, the essence lies in the crust.
Just perfectly baked with crispy outside yet fluffy soft inside. This is a no yeast, instant pizza dough recipe for no need to wait.
Start with sieving the refined flour add in baking powder, baking soda, salt, and garlic paste. Add in curd and oil and start kneading the dough with plain water or milk. Refer to the recipe below for details.
Instant no-yeast pizza base
- Kneading bowl
- Pan / Tawa
- 4 Cups Refined-flour Sieved
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Baking powder
- ½ Tsp Baking soda
- 1 Tsp Garlic Paste/Garlic powder Optional
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil/Refined oil
- ¾ Cup Curd
- Water As required to knead
- Take a big bowl, sieve all the dry ingredients properly.
- Add in garlic, curd, and oil to the bowl and mix all the ingredients nicely.
- Start kneading the dough adding water as required. Water should be added slowly to make the dough sticky initially.
- Knead the dough for at least for good 5 minutes. Make sure to beat the dough enough until the sticky dough turns fluffy and smooth.
- Stretch the dough and separate the dough in 3 equal parts.
- Take one part and split it into two halves. Make two thin rolled chapatis out of it smaller than the pizza. This step is required to make the cheese-filled pizza base.Make holes in it with a fork and half cook it on a hot pan or tawa ensuring it stays soft as it would be re-baked.
- Roll the other two parts of the dough with a rolling pin on a lightly floured surface. Make sure to puncture the pizza base with a fork. You now have two pizza bases and 2 thin rolled chapatis to go over it for cheese burst layer.
- Oil the surface of the baking tray to make sure it doesn't stick to it. Use a good amount of oil and brush it over. Either roll the flatened pizza base on the pin to roll it to the baking tray. Or try folding the base into quarter to place on the tray.
- Also oil/butter the perimeter of the pizza base to make sure the corners of the pizza turn out soft. You can also alternatively use sugar mixed milk on the pizza base corners.
With the base being ready you start to preheat your baking setup before moving forward. Use an oven or a stove top arrangement as mentioned later below.
Assembling the Pizza ( best part)
Out of all the boring parts, this is my favorite step. Probably I am not alone who loves assembling the pizza altogether.
1. Oil the tray or pan or plate you will bake on. I have used a papad stand that i found spare.
2. Spread the prepared or store-bought cheese spread on the pizza base as shown and place the thin rolled smaller dough over to cover it.
3. Fold the outer edges of the base to unite the two layers and pour in the pizza sauce in the created depth. Make sure to use a good amount of sauce to the base before moving forward.
4. Start with grated cheese over the pizza. You can choose a combination of parmesan and mozzarella cheese. I have used mozzarella and processed cheese.
5. Pull out your favorite toppings like onions, capsicum, olives, mushrooms, sweet corn, jalapenos, etc. If you like pineapples in your pizza 🙏(it’s a hi-five).
6. Top it with some more mozzarella cheese and sprinkle some chili flakes. Add a pinch of salt to balance out the flavors.
7. Apply more butter or sweet milk on the edges of the pizza crust.
8. Bake it in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or till it turns golden brown. Alternatively, you can use a stovetop to bake it a deep bottomed vessel.
Pour in a cup and half of salt at the base and place a small inverted steel bowl or a ring cutter on it.
Use something you don’t care a lot about as it might discolor. This is to create height for the baking process.
Place the tray over it and cover the deep bottomed vessel with a lid. Let it bake on medium to high flame and check after 20 minutes.
You can turn off the flame when the crust turns golden brown and the cheese melts.
9. Take the tray out and the pizza will separate easily. Sprinkle in some oregano and wait for at least 3 minutes before slicing the pieces. Avoid slicing while too hot.
I hope you can enjoy making it as much as I did. You can drop any doubts down below though I tried to closely cover most of it.
This pizza can be served in 30 minutes if you have made and stored the sauce and spread ahead.
Here I am pinning the making of sauce and spread in details:
How to make spicy and tangy pizza sauce!
- Deep-bottom vessel
- 6-7 Piece Tomato Ripe, medium-sized tomatoes
- 1 Piece Onion Medium-sized finely chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic Finely chopped
- 10-12 Leaves Fresh Mint leaves Finely chopped
- 5-6 Leaves Coriander Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Oregano
- 1 Tbsp Chili flakes
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- To taste Salt
- 2 Tbsp Black pepper
- 1 Tsp Red chili powder
- 1 Tsp Chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp Ketchup
- Put a deep-bottom vessel on heat and add water to it on high-flame to boil the tomatoes.
- Take 6 tomatoes and make a cross-cut on its top and add it to the boiling water.
- Boil the tomatoes on high flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Now take out the tomatoes and peel its skin. You can use normal water to cool it so it doesn't burns your hand while peeling the skin.
- Now blend the tomatoes in a blender and make a puree out of it. You can use a hand blender as well.
- Take 1 medium-sized tomato, de-seed and finely chop the tomatoes..
- Take a pan put some oil in the pan. Heat on medium flame.
- Add chopped garlic to the pan and saute. Add finely chopped onions and saute it for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped tomato and sweat for another 1 minute. Clear all the tomato paste in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add oregano, chili powder, chili flakes. black pepper, salt, sugar to the puree and mix well.
- Add the freshly chopped mint and coriander leaves to the pizza sauce preparation and cook it for another 30 seconds.
- Now, at last, add the chili sauce and ketchup for taste and mix well. Cook for another minute and your pizza sauce is ready. Though making the pizza sauce from scratch is time taking, but the taste achieved is so worth it.
- Let it sit for a while before you apply the pizza sauce to your pizza base.
Home-made cheese spread
- 6 Tbsp Butter/Ghee
- 3 Tbsp Refined-flour Sieve it before use.
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Cubes Processed cheese or cream cheese Grated
- 1 Tbsp Sour cream Normal cream also works.
- 2 Tsp White pepper
- 1-2 Tsp Salt Adjust to taste
- 1 Tbsp Sugar Adjust to taste
- Take 6 tbsp of ghee/butter in a pan and heat it on medium flame.
- Add the refined flour to the ghee and mix continuously on low flame. Saute it for 1 minute and stir continuously to avoid the browning of flour.
- Add milk to the pan and whisk it with a whisker continuously on low-flame. Make sure to whisk it properly to avoid lumps.
- Add the sour cream and whisk continuously. Avoid thickening. You can also add water to make the cheese spread thin.
- Add sugar and seasoning to it and whisk continuously.
- In the last step add the grated cheese and mix it well. Cook the cheese spread till the grated cheese melts properly. Your cheese spread is ready to use. Enjoy it with your favorite delicacies.
Toodles… and… please rate the recipe in the comments.